Friday, September 28, 2012

Chocolate Chip Cajeta Pretzel Bars

Chocolate Chip Cookies solitas ( all alone) are unquestionably my absolute favorite dessert.....ever. If I'm at a party with one of those super cool, absolutely delicious buffet style dessert tables, my eyes always scan the length of it looking for a soft and chewy brown sugar chocolate chip studded yumminess.

Somehow my feelings about chocolate chip cookies have advanced into a new kind of  amor (love) just by adding two simple ingredients....... Salted Pretzels and Cajeta. Now you may remember a few weeks back I made my own homemade  Mexican Cajeta, if you've never seen it you can find the recipe here. 

So believe it or not as enticing as it was, I still had a little bit of cajeta left  over. I couldn't bare to see it go to waste so I came up with a quick recipe to put it to good use, the result was a rich bar of, sweetness with a creamy gooeyness in the middle, spiked with a salty crunch.


Ummm and did I say all of this was stuffed in the middle of a chocolate chip cookie. No mas palabras necesario ( no more words needed) just a boca ( mouth )full of happiness!



This time I kept it super easy and used my most favorite ready made cookie dough in all the land!  This cookie dough tastes so good, it has been known to cause epic arguments in my casa about who ate the last batch....true story!


If you have a go to chocolate chip cookie recipe feel free to use it, if not here is one that sounded pretty good to me!


Ingredients

1 batch of chocolate chip cookie dough

1 cup of crushed salted pretzels

1 jar of Mexican Cajeta, dulce de leche or caramel sauce


Recipe

1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees , grease brownie bar pan and set aside ( you can see a picture here)

2. Place a spoonful of cookie dough in the bottom in the bottom of your brownie pan.

3. Next sprinkle a handful of crushed pretzels, then a spoonful of cajeta, another spoonful of cookie dough, spoonful of cajeta and a final handful of crushed pretzels.

4. Bake for 12- 15 minutes, remove from the oven right before it's golden brown

5. Cool completely, than carefully remove from brownie bar pan, I like to lay down a piece of wax paper and turn my pan upside down and give a little tap on each cavity to assure easy removal from the pan.

8 comments:

Jill said...

Oh yum - they look fabulous!!

Just stopped by to let you know that I featured your ghost cake on my round tuit post this week!
Round Tuit 121
Thanks again for linking up! Hope you have a great week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success

Mariel said...

Yum! Chocolate and pretzels are one of the best combinations known to man! I would love to have you come share your great ideas at the link party at 'Or so she says...', happening right now. Hope to see you there! www.oneshetwoshe.com

chica chocolatina said...

@ Jill thank you so much for the feature! I'm so pleased :) @ Mariel I would love to join your link party, thanks for the invite!

Unknown said...

That looks insanely decadent!

I wanted to invite you to Wonderful Food Wednesday at At Home Take 2... love it if you could link up 2-3 recipes. Hope to see you there.

Jessica @ At Home Take 2... Check out our Wonderful Food Wednesday

Unknown said...

Yummy! Gotta try these!

Mariel said...

Thanks for linking up on 'Or so she says...', hope to see you again tomorrow for another round of 'Your Great Idea'. www.oneshetwoshe.com

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

Oh my gosh. Those look fabulous! Chewy, sweet, and delish!

chica chocolatina said...

Thanks ♥

01 09 10